Wisconsin Center for Investigate Journalism $15,000 Matching Donation
Help us raise $15,000 by Nov. 30.The Center has raised $60,000 toward a $75,000 matching grant from the Challenge Fund for Journalism. We need your help now to close the gap!
Whether it’s $10 or $1,000, your donation will help our journalists dig into powerful institutions affecting Wisconsin.
- Investigations have launched since the Center and Wisconsin Public Radio together broke the story of an altercation between two Wisconsin Supreme Court justices. And calls are growing to replace judicial elections with merit selection.
- Our computer-aided analysis of thousands of emails fact-checked Gov. Scott Walker’s statements about his supporters. And our follow-up led to the immediate resignation of an Indiana prosecutor who suggested a “false flag” operation.
- Our coverage of a starkly higher suicide rate among Native Americans drew attention nationwide, and a former Menonimee Reservation resident donated $5,000 to a local Boys & Girls Club.
- Our story about the questionable tactics of a for-profit college caused Wisconsin regulators to order Westwood College to halt enrollment until problems were corrected.
- Even before it was published, the Center’s story on the underreporting of campus sexual assaults prompted the University of Wisconsin to improve public access to sexual assault data that previously were available only through public records requests.